Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Macbook AIR keeps dropping connection to RBK50 Satellite

tms31524
Aspirant

Macbook AIR keeps dropping connection to RBK50 Satellite

I just bought the ORBI RBK53 3-pack.  It works great other than two things.  First, a Macbook air keeps losing connection.  Second, Nest Hello can't see the ORBI.  I'm running my apple router for the nest so I guess that's fine but not sure why the macbook keeps dropping.  All iphones seem fine.  Can someone help please?  Thanks.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Macbook AIR keeps dropping connection to RBK50 Satellite

It is often helpful to understand how all this networking equipment is configured.  i.e.

• What (specifically) is the internet service provider device?
    (brand/model)  Is it a "modem onlyl" or a "WiFi/router/modem" combination device?
  • How are the Orbi and Apple router connected?
    Which one connects to the ISP device?
    Are they both in "router" mode?
    Do they have different WiFi names (SSID's)?
    (My own practice when installing a new WiFi system is to give it exactly the same name (SSID) and password as the previous WiFi system, so that none of my devices have to be reconfigured.)
  • How long does the Macbook Air stay connected at a time?

Thanks

Message 2 of 3
tms31524
Aspirant

Re: Macbook AIR keeps dropping connection to RBK50 Satellite

Hi and thanks for response.  Modem is standalone and wired to ORBI router and there are two satellites.  The apple router is comes off ORBI router through ethernet and only runs the NEST Hello.  The macbook air is wifi to one of the ORBI satellites.  It works fine but just keep dropping sometimes.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7