Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Magenta Ring' displayed every 10 minutes or so since 2.3.5.30 update

SherlockOhms
Aspirant

Magenta Ring' displayed every 10 minutes or so since 2.3.5.30 update

Running 1 RBR50 with v2.3.5.30 and 2 satellites. App is v2.4.5.17

- Wifi network within the house is fine, but the router drops its connection to the cable modem every 10 minutes or so
- Orbi App lists the Internet as 'offline' when it clearly isn't (router is displaying a magenta ring right now, app claims the internet is offline, and yet I can post this here via the same network - and yes, i've check what network I'm using Smiley Happy ). I think the connection drops briefly - enough to cause a glitch in online gaming/prevent Alexa contacting amazon when the kids are using it, then Orbi gets stuck. I see a massive ping spike, and then it settles
If I check the cable modem logs (direct cable into the modem - it shows the router has been connected for hours
I have no idea what's going on
Help?
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Magenta Ring' displayed every 10 minutes or so since 2.3.5.30 update

Is this magenta ring light "solid" or does it "pulse"?

Netgear's web site of Orbi color codes a pulsing magenta ring on the router indicates a problem with the internet connection.

Are you able to connect to the Orbi router using a web browser?  It would be useful to know what the Orbi web interface says about the internet connection.  On the Advanced Tab home page, click on Connection Status.  That will tell how long the DHCP lease was originally and how much time remains on it.  I would hope that if the Orbi actually "loses" the internet connection, that the most recent lease time would match the behavior you are seeing.

Message 2 of 4
SherlockOhms
Aspirant

It’s solid
Not at home at the moment, and the Orbi is inaccessible remotely so I’ll ya e to wait until I’m home to try and connect to it
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? Power OFF The ISP modem for 30 seconds then back on then walk thru the setup wizard after doing a factory reset? 

@SherlockOhms wrote:
Running 1 RBR50 with v2.3.5.30 and 2 satellites. App is v2.4.5.17

- Wifi network within the house is fine, but the router drops its connection to the cable modem every 10 minutes or so
- Orbi App lists the Internet as 'offline' when it clearly isn't (router is displaying a magenta ring right now, app claims the internet is offline, and yet I can post this here via the same network - and yes, i've check what network I'm using Smiley Happy ). I think the connection drops briefly - enough to cause a glitch in online gaming/prevent Alexa contacting amazon when the kids are using it, then Orbi gets stuck. I see a massive ping spike, and then it settles
If I check the cable modem logs (direct cable into the modem - it shows the router has been connected for hours
I have no idea what's going on
Help?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7