Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Magenta light on RBS50 - Instability increasing

aof85
Follower

Magenta light on RBS50 - Instability increasing

After about 4 months of realtive stability, my RBS50 continues to lose connectivity from the RBR50 located ony 30' away through wood framing.  I will reset it, it will be BLUE for a while, and then turn MAGENTA at random intervals.  It is becoming untenable, and highly irritating - defeating the entire purpose of this expensive system.  Is there a definitive sequence for resetting or perhaps troubleshooting this?  I have reset, performed a sync with both units next to each other.  It doesn't improve the continued drop out of the RBS50.  Any known defects or failures of the RBS50s?  The RBR50 seems to work fine. Thank you.

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Magenta light on RBS50 - Instability increasing

I would try the Beta FW thats now availalbe for your model:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-MR-2-1-Update-3-23-18/td-p/1533584/jump-to/first-unread-m...

Please do a factory reset on both Router and Satellite after installing the FW file. Upgrade the Satellite first then the router. 

Message 2 of 5
st_shaw
Master

@aof85 wrote:

After about 4 months of realtive stability, my RBS50 continues to lose connectivity from the RBR50 located ony 30' away through wood framing.  I will reset it, it will be BLUE for a while, and then turn MAGENTA at random intervals.  It is becoming untenable, and highly irritating - defeating the entire purpose of this expensive system.  Is there a definitive sequence for resetting or perhaps troubleshooting this?  I have reset, performed a sync with both units next to each other.  It doesn't improve the continued drop out of the RBS50.  Any known defects or failures of the RBS50s?  The RBR50 seems to work fine. Thank you.

Try moving the router and/or satellite so they are closer and/or have fewer obstructions between them.

Message 3 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

when is this "Beta FW " going to be ready for prime time?

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Don't know. it maybe still in flux and in development so there maybe a new version seen upon official realease. 

Beta is working well for me. 40ft distance between my router and 1 satellite. 3 wooden walls inbetween. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7