Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Magenta status in the app ?

iNeusch
Aspirant

Magenta status in the app ?

Hi all !
Just got my orbi system setup
Seems to work ok except I hard a very hard time to connect the satellites...
I ended un getting an Ethernet cable and connected via backhaul
Could never get them to connect wirelessly, even in the same room
Now in the iOS app I see the two satellites connected but they still have a magenta color...
Tried to reset to factory defaults but the paper clip in the reset hole doesn’t seem to do anything other than a reboot
Any idea ?
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
iNeusch
Aspirant

Ok huge progress here !

Realized having a netgear managed switch between all devices was the problem
Connected the Ethernet cables directly between the orbi router and satellites and it now works... all satellites appear blue and connected via cables (wired)

Trick was to do initial setup with all three in the same room, then wait for it to settle down
Then connect Ethernet cables (still in same room) directly on router, wait for it to settle down
Then once all reporting wired connection move the satellites to target position

Keyword : patience !

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded on RBS and RBR. Should be same version of FW on both.
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Message 2 of 4
iNeusch
Aspirant

Thanks a lot, some answers and results of my tests later on

- What Firmware is currently loaded on RBS and RBR ? V2.5.1.8 On all
- What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too? What ? 😄 Im' in Europe, Fiblre modem from Orange
- What is the size of your home? Sq Ft? Something like 2000 sq ft
- What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? I am in the 20 ft average distance

- What channels are you using? Auto? OK will try this
- Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many? Yup, 5 or 6

- Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. OK will try this

- Try disabling the following : Armor, Circle. Not in router mode so not available

- Try disabling the following : Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. OK will try this

Message 3 of 4
iNeusch
Aspirant

Ok huge progress here !

Realized having a netgear managed switch between all devices was the problem
Connected the Ethernet cables directly between the orbi router and satellites and it now works... all satellites appear blue and connected via cables (wired)

Trick was to do initial setup with all three in the same room, then wait for it to settle down
Then connect Ethernet cables (still in same room) directly on router, wait for it to settle down
Then once all reporting wired connection move the satellites to target position

Keyword : patience !
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7