Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Main router appears to be dead; no lights on top

gjoynerjr
Aspirant

Main router appears to be dead; no lights on top

Hello everyone,

I tried to turn on my Netgear Orbi RBR50 router after a move, but it seems like it may have died at some point during. Upon being plugged in the ring of light on the top of the router never illuminated. I unplugged and plugged it in, but nothing happened. I then tried holding the reset button to revert to factory defaults, but still nothing; there isn't even a default wifi signal being generated to connect to. The power light on the back next to the power button does illuminate. I have not tried a wired connection yet; I haven't had time and if the router isn't showing any lights I'm assuming it's not booting. This router was working immediately before the move, and I acknowledge it could have been damaged during that, but want to go through any troubleshooting tips anyone may have.

Thank you for your time!

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Main router appears to be dead; no lights on top

Try a differnt power supply? Make sure its the same voltage and amps as seen on the current adapter.

Message 2 of 7
gjoynerjr
Aspirant

I only ever use the stock power supplies, and when double checking both the router and satellite use the same power supply, so accidentally swapping them doesn't seem to be the issue.

Message 3 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

@gjoynerjr wrote:

The power light on the back next to the power button does illuminate.

The power LED comes on GREEN? When you hold in the reset button (tiny hole) for 10-15 seconds, does the power LED turn amber and begin to flash?

Message 4 of 7
gjoynerjr
Aspirant

@CrimpOn wrote:

The power LED comes on GREEN? When you hold in the reset button (tiny hole) for 10-15 seconds, does the power LED turn amber and begin to flash?

When plugged in and turned on the light is green. When pressing the reset button for over 15 seconds the light never changes. At no point does any light appear on the top of the router. I also checked each ethernet port; Windows said it wasn't connected to anything on each one. No wifi signal still.

Message 5 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

sounds dead to me.

Message 6 of 7
gjoynerjr
Aspirant

Yeah, I was thinking the same. Bleh. Appreciate the tips to check!

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7