Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Major Failures After Firmware 2.0.0.74 Upgrade!

ZoneMaster
Apprentice

I've had some success since I rolled back to 1.12.0.18 on my RBR50:

1. Powered off both satelites (previously had difficulties installing 1.12.0.18 on my satellites)
  2. Loaded 1.12.0.18 to the router.
  3. Verified 2.4GHz connection to my iMac (too distant from router for 5GHz)
  4. Started large IDrive backup (which had been repeatedly failing on 2.0.0.74)
  5. Backup has been purring since last night (connection had failed within minutes on 2.0.0.74)
  6. Won't touch anything until backup finishes.

I consider this proof that 2.0.0.74 is seriously broken!

• IDrive backups work when running 1.12.0.18 firmware.
  • I don't know if there is something about the data stream for IDrive that drives ORBI 2.0.0.74 especially crazy.
  • I am not sure if there are other disconnection problems for my other apps on 2.0.0.74.
  • The issues with IDrive on 2.0.0.74 are dramatic, repeated, & major.

NETGEAR --> FIX ORBI NOW!

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 26 of 37
xBRAWNDOx
Initiate

I can seem to connect to anything but the guest 5 ghz, everytime I type in the password for the standard broadcast I'm told that the password is incorrect, I have to enter the PW 10 times just to get connected, I downgraded to 1.12.0.18 as another forum suggested but it is still not working like it should, my ASUS AC1900 is going to get brought back out if this crap doesn't stop.

Message 27 of 37
ZoneMaster
Apprentice

Made contact with NETGEAR support. Hope these issues will be resolved soon.

Message 28 of 37
Sangwich
Star

Sames issues one version after another! Netgear either test your firmware updates with every single device or just don't try releasing new updates with the same issues!

Message 29 of 37
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I've had the system for the past 2 weeks, Running V2 since day 1. No issues until late last week when all clients attached to the satellite received "no internet" and no signal on afternoon. If I move the device toward the router AP, service was restored. I rebooted the satellite and issue was resolved...unitl this past monday when it happened again. The same fix resolved the problem. After reading this thread, I disabled daisy-chaining (never adding a 2nd satellite) and turned on MIMO and Beamforming (peformance increased even better than I expected). Yesterday I discovered that our 5.8Ghz cordless phones were receiving heavy interference and handsets had issues connecting the base station. Never had this issue with prior dual-band wifi routers in the environment. I'm thinking that the cordless phone system is interferering with the Orbi backhaul channel communication. I have since unplugged the cordless unit ((15 yrs old) and will get a DECT 6 cordless system which should not interfere. I'm hoping these actions clean up the satellite issues I've experienced. Really love the range and throughput of this system. Hoping I don't have to return it for a refund.

Message 30 of 37
LHZ
Guide
Guide

I have exactly the same issue. System is completely unstable on 2.0.0.74 with 2 satelites. Version 1.x was working fine. In the last week I cant watch streaming TV without roku loosing connection. Smarthings hub disconnects all the time. This version is incredibly unstable. Have tried disabling the new daisy chain feature that I never wanted, but it fails just the same. Very very very annoying. Netgear need to pull this release. It's unusable. Rolll back or allow people NOT to upgrade. Dont force this alpha version on people.

Message 31 of 37
Turrmoil
Guide

Hello there,
I have tried suggestions in this thread but the connection to the internet keeps on dropping.
It’s really painful that after spending $500 or so when purchasing from Costco earlier this year we are facing this issue.
I’m contemplating sending NETGEAR a demand notice after speaking to my legal team. This is unacceptable treatment. My setup is not fancy at all.
Message 32 of 37
Greyhawk68
Star

Figure I'll just pile on.  Same issues here.  Started a separate thread about it.  Worked flawlessly until October.  Now it can't keep it a connection with any reliability.  It will just randomly go out (generally at the most inopportune time.) 

I've also got everything turned off and the amount of complaints with no resolution has me disheartened on Netgear.

Message 33 of 37
mgdurand1
Luminary

Saw this post while browsing for another issue.  I have luckily not had any of the issues you are experiencing with the new formware (2.0.0.74).  No disconnects and great range.  I see there is a manual update to a new version and I am holding off on that one as the current version seems to be performing for me.  Hope you guys can get that worked out.

Message 34 of 37
Turrmoil
Guide

Any update guys? New firmware or something?
I guess it would be in Jan.
Message 35 of 37
ZoneMaster
Apprentice

This was fixed eventually. Everything was working fine until the V2.1.4.10 update: now AirPrint isn't working. It would be nice if Netgear could perform some quality control.

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 36 of 37
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 37 of 37
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7