Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Make Beta Firmware More Widely Available

Jeremyinsf
Apprentice

Make Beta Firmware More Widely Available

As many of us know, there are tons of problems with the Orbi firmware and it seems they do not test it enough.  I've seen several requests for beta firmware and from what I can tell, it's only offered to a very small select few, and only when Netgear wants it to go to that person, and not when some request it anyway.

I sent a private message to a moderator/Netgear employee on here asking how I could get access to the beta firmware, and offered to help test and give feedback, and my message was completely ignored.

Given all the problems that exist with the firmware and what appears to be a lack of testing and QA, why wouldn't they offer it to more people and get more feedback?  Instead, they force update everyone, and then wait for complaints on failed networks and then take a long time to release updates and fixes.

This is a broken process and needs improvement.  

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Make Beta Firmware More Widely Available

Please give your feedback here as they do post betas:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-MR-2-1-Update-3-23-18/m-p/1533584/highlight/true#M26234

I agree, more betas should be offered...

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7