Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Management of Two Separate Orbi Systems Means Corrupted Passwords and Access Questions - Why??

Management of Two Separate Orbi Systems Means Corrupted Passwords and Access Questions - Why??

I have TWO separate Orbi systems set up in TWO different residences.

I have interminable problems with passwords and admin logins, that I believe are related to having these two systems.

I've given up tryiing to use the Orbi app  

I *KNOW* what my passwords and recovery question answers are.  And yet today I've returned to the first residence and cannot access the admin of this system - the KNOWN password doesn't work and the KNOWN recovery question answers don't work!

I suspect I'm going to have to AGAIN reset this network from scratch.  However I wish Netgear would fix these kinds of problems instead of just ignorning my tech support entrities.  

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Management of Two Separate Orbi Systems Means Corrupted Passwords and Access Questions - Why??

I maintaing two systems, mine and my friends. Have not seen this issue at all. I have a CBK40 and he has a RBK50. 

When you set up the one that seems to be failing, did you walk thru the setup wizard? 

Both using recent or most current version of FW? 

Haven't seen others with this issue post here...

@DarrenM

@Chitowndude wrote:

I have interminable problems with passwords and admin logins, that I believe are related to having these two systems.

I *KNOW* what my passwords and recovery question answers are.  And yet today I've returned to the first residence and cannot access the admin of this system - the KNOWN password doesn't work and the KNOWN recovery question answers don't work!

I suspect I'm going to have to AGAIN reset this network from scratch.  However I wish Netgear would fix these kinds of problems instead of just ignorning my tech support entrities.  

Message 2 of 3
wchp
Luminary

I have an RBK53 system at my primary residence and a RBK20 system at Office. I mannage both systems with the same v2.2 of the app. Management credentials are the same at both locations but SSID, PWD and IP addressing are different. Not having any issues mannages both systems.
Both platforms are runninngg V2.1.4.16
You might try deleting the app and then reinstalling just the app.
Are you able to manage the platforms is you login via the web interface instead of using the app?

@Chitowndude wrote:

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7