Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Many sites blocked when on Orbi but not on other router

Heriberto007
Follower

Many sites blocked when on Orbi but not on other router

When connected to the Orbi, many normal websites are unnaccesible. I get a dialog box saying the connection is not private and It asks me for a username and passoword 

On top of that I cannot streem movies on my Apple TV

Please help!  How can I solve this?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: Many sites blocked when on Orbi but not on other router

@Heriberto007 wrote:

When connected to the Orbi, many normal websites are unnaccesible. I get a dialog box saying the connection is not private and It asks me for a username and passoword 

What else is on your network. Your subject says "other router". Is that on the same network as the Orbi?

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router.

Having two routers on a network can cause headaches. For example, you can end up with local address problems. Among other things, the other router can misdirect addresses that the Netgear router usually handles, such as routerlogin.net or the usual IP address for a router, 192.168.1.1.

This explains some of the other drawbacks.

What is Double NAT? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Apologies for all the questions. But you can help people to help you by providing the information suggested in this forum's header:

Subject (Include model number and brief summary)
Model (Recommended - Helps the community give the best answers)
Body (Include additional detail including model version, firmware, OS and environment where relevant.)

They are there for a good reason.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7