Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Max WifI Speed Capped on RBR50?

Mrgoodall
Star

Max WifI Speed Capped on RBR50?

I've been a happy RBK50 user for the most part. Comcast just sent me an offer to upgrade to 400Mbp service for really cheap. I figured why not. They made the service change. I plugged into the port on the back of the RBR50, run a speedtest; 460Mbps. Boot my iphone 8, and my 6Plus, connect and run the same speedtest, from fast.com; 280Mbps. Run test again unplugged from RBR50, 296Mbps. Mind you, I'm less than 3ft away from unit. Logged into Orbi web interface, on attached devices screen, Connection Type for all 3 devices show 5G. So what gives? Is the Orbi speed capped on WiFi?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 2
aani75
Apprentice

Re: Max WifI Speed Capped on RBR50?

I have a similar problem. Recently I got upgraded to 200Mbps from 150 Mbps. If I am near ORBI router I got around 180 Mbps out of 200 Mbps connection. But when I connect to one of my RBS40 satellite, my speed is capped to 140Mbps regardless even if I move my satellite close enough to get good signal from router. is there any setting  that needs to be done on satellites.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7