Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Maximum number of devices connected?

NoWiFi4U
Star

Maximum number of devices connected?

I continue to have issues with the internet dropping off randomly. It seems to happen only at night when everyone in the family is online. I have the 3 set Orbi RBR40. The weblink below states the Orbi can handle up to 250 clients, but for those who steam a lot of HD video and gaming (Which I do), no more than 50 clients. I am well below 50 clients and still have continuous drops every single night....  it is getting to the point of extreme frustration. 

https://kb.netgear.com/31097/How-many-devices-can-my-Orbi-system-support    

Currently connected:

4 cellphones

1 Nvidia Shield

1 Amazon firestick

4 PCs

1 PS4

(Not all of these are being used at the same time either)

-That's a total of 11 clients which is well below the "stated" limit for HD streaming. Also, I have Comcast internet of 150mbs, which should be plenty fast to support my needs. 

-The satellites are within 25ft of the main router with 1-2 walls max. 

I would really love to know how to fix this constant signal drop every night. I have to literally do a hard reset on the satellites. In today's day in age, with many, many people moving from cable TV to streaming, you would think these devices (which cost 400$+) would be able to handle the load.

Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Maximum number of devices connected?

Are you on the latest 2.1 firmware?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
NoWiFi4U
Star

I am no expert, but I am pretty sure it updates the firmware automatically. 

Yes... its 2.1

and it still ..... drops... all... the... time..!!!

Please do not take offense to my frustration... Not directed at you the individual. BUT! I am really fed up with this POS system.

Message 3 of 4
tsig
Luminary

if your satellites are within 25' of the main router, maybe there is some confusion on your devices about which one to connect to.  Have you tried it without the satellites powered on?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7