Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Mesh system RBR10 2.4ghz?

lemur
Aspirant

Mesh system RBR10 2.4ghz?

I have seen online that the RBR10 orbi mesh network system can output both a 5ghz and a 2.4ghz, but I can't find anywhere in the software to get it situated so I can connect 2.4ghz devices? Am I just looking in the wrong spot on the app, or is it a web browser only setting that I can change?

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Mesh system RBR10 2.4ghz?

The instructions seem to be as I remembered them. Use the Wyze smartphone app to create a QR code and show it to the camera.

https://support.wyze.com/hc/en-us/articles/360050638272-Wyze-Cam-v3-Setup-Guide 

Please report what happens.  (It is very frustrating when people do not "close the loop".  Did they give up? Where they successful? Was our advice not helpful?  Not knowing is a special kind of agony.)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

@lemur wrote:

I have seen online that the RBR10 orbi mesh network system can output both a 5ghz and a 2.4ghz, but I can't find anywhere in the software to get it situated so I can connect 2.4ghz devices? Am I just looking in the wrong spot on the app, or is it a web browser only setting that I can change?

All Orbi systems use the same SSID for both 2.4G and 5G WiFi channels.  Each device decides which of the channels offers the better signal and connects to it.  Most Internet of Things (IoT) devices have the least costly WiFi chips in them, which have radios only for 2.4G WiFi.  Given the Orbi SSID/password, they connect to Orbi's 2.4G channel.  They cannot detect or connect to the 5G channel.

There are a few devices where the smartphone app was poorly written.  When the app sees that the smartphone is connected to a 5G WiFi channel, the app decides, "oh, no. I am not going on with this setup."

Correctly written apps simply pass the Orbi WiFi SSID/password to the IoT device and it connects to the Orbi.

Just give it a try with the Orbi WiFi name and see what happens.  If there is a problem, please report what the device is so we can try to help.

Message 2 of 6
lemur
Aspirant

Yeah I have been giving it another attempt and it's still failing. It's the Wyze cam v3, one that I've seen mentioned a couple of times I suppose, but always with different routers. 

Message 3 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

My Wyze Cam 2, Wyze Pan Cam, and Wyze Cam 3 all connected to my Orbi immediately using the Wyze app.

It has been several months now, so I do not remember if the Wyze cam app created a QR code that I pointed the camera at (or if that was what one of the other cameras did.)

The Wyze Cam 3 is fantastic.

Message 4 of 6
lemur
Aspirant

hmm. Well I'll have to give it another go then. maybe there was an update I missed. 

Message 5 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

The instructions seem to be as I remembered them. Use the Wyze smartphone app to create a QR code and show it to the camera.

https://support.wyze.com/hc/en-us/articles/360050638272-Wyze-Cam-v3-Setup-Guide 

Please report what happens.  (It is very frustrating when people do not "close the loop".  Did they give up? Where they successful? Was our advice not helpful?  Not knowing is a special kind of agony.)

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7