Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Message To avoid a conflict with your internet service provider, the IP address of your Orbi router

Fvd75
Aspirant

Message To avoid a conflict with your internet service provider, the IP address of your Orbi router

Hello, hope someone can help me with this issue.

Since a couple of weeks our Wifi connection is lost almost daily. I reboot via de Orbi app the router, and than it works again for a day.

When I open the configuration of the orbi router on my laptop I get the message:

To avoid a conflict with your internet service provider, the IP address of your Orbi router has been updated to 10.0.0.1.

How can I solve this message?

I already updated the firmware to V2.6.1.40 and also I did a reset and a complete new installation, but this won't solve the message.

Kind regards,

Frans

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Message To avoid a conflict with your internet service provider, the IP address of your Orbi rou

@Fvd75 wrote:

Since a couple of weeks our Wifi connection is lost almost daily. I reboot via de Orbi app the router, and than it works again for a day.

To avoid a conflict with your internet service provider, the IP address of your Orbi router has been updated to 10.0.0.1.

This message is a result of the Orbi being connected to a router that is using the private address space 192.168.1.x, which the Orbi typically expects to use on its LAN side. To avoid conflicts, Orbi changes the LAN side to 10.0.0.x.

The most straight-forward way to stop this is to place the ISP device in "bridge" or "modem only" mode so that the Orbi will receive the public IIP address given out by the network provider.

Message 2 of 3
Fvd75
Aspirant

Re: Message To avoid a conflict with your internet service provider, the IP address of your Orbi rou

Thanks, our ISP already mentioned earlier the possibility of putting our modem in bridge mode.
I'll call tomorrow to request this, hoping that will fix the problem.

Kind regards,

Frans

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7