Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Misc. wi-fi connected devices lose internet connection every day

srlynch9199
Follower

Misc. wi-fi connected devices lose internet connection every day

This is my second Orbi router with the same problem... Almost every day one or more of my wi-fi connected devices loses internet connectivity. My iPad Pro is always included when other devices lose connectivity. I’ve checked my firmware - it’s the latest: V2.5.1.8.

I did notice that when I first replaced my prior Orbi system, this one worked correctly for several days. Then, gradually it started dropping connections to the various devices.

When it is working, I get excellent, fast coverage throughout my apartment. I just wish that I didn’t have to drop what I was doing to reboot it every day.

Please help!
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
Tenoates
Tutor

The latest firmware 2.5.1.16 is more stable than the others. Try upgrading your unit, sat first , then router.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/RBR50-RBS50-Firmware-2-5-1-16-Update/m-p/1897955/highlight/tru...

@srlynch9199 wrote:
This is my second Orbi router with the same problem... Almost every day one or more of my wi-fi connected devices loses internet connectivity. My iPad Pro is always included when other devices lose connectivity. I’ve checked my firmware - it’s the latest: V2.5.1.8.

I did notice that when I first replaced my prior Orbi system, this one worked correctly for several days. Then, gradually it started dropping connections to the various devices.

When it is working, I get excellent, fast coverage throughout my apartment. I just wish that I didn’t have to drop what I was doing to reboot it every day.

Please help!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7