Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Missing Connected Devices

jrob513
Follower

Missing Connected Devices

Has anyone had the issue where some devices that are connected to the network are not showing under the Attached Devices tab?  I have 35 devices showing connected, however there are a couple of devices missing that I know for a fact are connected to the network.    When I look at the Access Control tab, I see those devices listed under "View list of allowed devices not currently connecte dto the network".  When I run an NMAP scan on my network, I can see those devices are connected (comparing MAC addresses) and I can even see their IP addresses.   I'm able to ping the IP addresses of the "missing" devices.

So why are those devices not showing in my Connected Devices list?

My setup includes an RBR50 router, RBS50 satelite and RBS20 satelite.  Both satelites are hard wired to the network and are showing as being connected.   The firmware on all of them is 2.7.3.22.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

Seems like every other time the firmware gets updated, it breaks the connected devices page. 

I've learned not to trust it a whole lot. 

Message 2 of 8
iFutzy
Initiate

Hey there,

Exact same situation for me.  Orbi reports an alarmingly small list of attached devices.  When investigating under Access Control I can see the devices reported as not currently connected to the network.  However, I have full control of these "missing" devices through numerous apps. 

No manner of witchcraft seems to have them display correctly through either the ios app or the web interface.

RBR50

RBS50 X 2

RBS20 X1
v2.7.3.22

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

@iFutzy wrote:

Hey there,

Exact same situation for me.  Orbi reports an alarmingly small list of attached devices.  When investigating under Access Control I can see the devices reported as not currently connected to the network.  However, I have full control of these "missing" devices through numerous apps. 

No manner of witchcraft seems to have them display correctly through either the ios app or the web interface.

RBR50

RBS50 X 2

RBS20 X1
v2.7.3.22

Message 4 of 8
pablohoney
Luminary

I had the same issue on the current official firmware. I worked with support providing them logs etc and they discovered a bug. They fixed it and provided me with a modified firmware which works - .23 I’ve attached it so try it at your own risk but for me it has been fine and shows all devices connected.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7fdsp2kjj9f6xzw/RBR50-V2.7.3.23.zip?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ftsfod5sblgtdig/RBS50-V2.7.3.23.zip?dl=0

Message 5 of 8
iFutzy
Initiate

Sorry... missed this.  Yes I've tried an "as new" set up.  As devices come online some appear, some don't.  All function properly regardless of whether the ORBI console identifies them or not.

Message 6 of 8
josephgrab
Aspirant

V1 or V2?

Would this be for the RBR50v2? Or v1? 

Message 7 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: V1 or V2?

Firmware is the same for V1 and V2.

p.s. Netgear has released newer firmware.  See the support page.https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBR50.aspx#download 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7