Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Missing Devices and Satellites (RBK43S)

arnb
Guide

The annotation (jpg) below is a sample off the garbage I am seeing. @Greg00001  do you have Broadlink devices?

Message 26 of 37
FURRYe38
Guru

What browser are you using? Does this happen in other browsers? Try IE11, Edge, Firefox or opera? 

Be sure to clear out all browser caches before entering the RBRs web page.

This only happens when you use these blaster devices? 

@arnb wrote:

The annotation (jpg) below is a sample off the garbage I am seeing. 

Message 27 of 37
FURRYe38
Guru

There was a known problem with v30 FW and the RBS showing disconnected on the RBRs web page. NG pulled v30 from public download. You should update to v16 and the RBS will appear correctly. I experienced the same thing when I had v30 loaded. v16 works fine. 

@Greg00001 wrote:

I've had the same issues as you. Satellites showing disconnected, wrong # of devices listed.  Even after factory resets and starting from scratch after each firmware try I always revert to this firmware.  It has been the most reliable and stable for me.

Message 28 of 37
Greg00001
Star

@arnb wrote:

The annotation (jpg) below is a sample off the garbage I am seeing. @Greg00001  do you have Broadlink devices?

I do not have any Broadlink devices but I have had the display as garage in the past when some of my devices had duplicate IP addresses. I don't recall if it was as bad as yours. Even though the devices were rebooted/powered off they were sticking with the IP address they had after I did a factory reset of the Orbi. Don't ask me why but I had to wait a day or so until they did their own ip renewal. I have around 60-66 devices on my network at anytime.

Message 29 of 37
arnb
Guide

@FURRYe38 

It occurs in all browsers; firefox, chrome, edge, opera,  and the Orbi app. For the record I use Vivaldi for my go to browser on Windows 10 and Android 9 phone.

Everything worked until I powered a Broadlink RM Mini3, IR blaster. Everything continues to work, including the IR devices, except for the the attached device page 

Message 30 of 37
FURRYe38
Guru

I'd update to v16, RBS first, then RBR lastly, Then factory reset and setup the RBR and RBS from scratch. Be sure to clear out all browser caches. 

Start turning on devices and letting them connect. I would try using Edge or Firefox browsers for this. 

Icons should appear correctly on the web page and not broken picture icons. 

The try your IR devices and see if the web page appears incorrectly again. If so, this is something to address with NG support. 

@arnb wrote:

@FURRYe38 

It occurs in all browsers; firefox, chrome, edge, opera,  and the Orbi app. For the record I use Vivaldi for my go to browser on Windows 10 and Android 9 phone.

Everything worked until I powered a Broadlink RM Mini3, IR blaster. Everything continues to work, including the IR devices, except for the the attached device page 

Message 31 of 37
arnb
Guide

@FURRYe38 

This is the link for my RBK43S. Using the latest release makes it worse.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBK43S.aspx

Message 32 of 37
Greg00001
Star

@FURRYe38 wrote:

There was a known problem with v30 FW and the RBS showing disconnected on the RBRs web page. NG pulled v30 from public download. You should update to v16 and the RBS will appear correctly. I experienced the same thing when I had v30 loaded. v16 works fine. 

@Greg00001 wrote:

I've had the same issues as you. Satellites showing disconnected, wrong # of devices listed.  Even after factory resets and starting from scratch after each firmware try I always revert to this firmware.  It has been the most reliable and stable for me.

I have no issues with devices on 2.3.5.30 with devices disappearing but I do on later versions, even the 2.5.1.16 you mention. 

Message 33 of 37
arnb
Guide

@FURRYe38 

Did the factory reset and what not with the latest release on router and satellites a few weeks ago when Firefox was my go to browser. Today was my "last" attempt at this insanity.

Model: A6100|WiFi USB Mini Adapter
Message 34 of 37
FURRYe38
Guru

You'll need to contact NG support and let them know what your seeing then. Not much else we can do here in the forums. 

@arnb 

@Greg00001 

Message 35 of 37
Greg00001
Star

Problem with netgear is you have to pay for support on shoddy products.
Message 36 of 37
arnb
Guide

Updated Router firmware to V2.6.1.36,  and Satellites to V2.6.1.38, corrects the Attached Devices issue. However, the BitDefender option is now missing from my RBK43S.  Submitted ticket to support.

Message 37 of 37
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 36 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7