Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Missing VLAN and Traffic Meter options in RBR50 Orbi

ShadowHead
Tutor

Missing VLAN and Traffic Meter options in RBR50 Orbi

All,

First let me acknowledge I expected to do my research and identify plenty of posts on VLAN configuration for RBR50 and RBS50 units in this community forum. I must admit being embarrased I simply did not succeed in finding any that address my problem. Sorry if I missed something obvious.

So here is the issue:

I have one RBR50 and two RBS50 units (Orbi white egg looking units with the 4 Ethernet ports in the back). They all have firmware V2.3.1.60 as of today June 16, 2019.  For some weird reason, they are missing "Traffic Meter" and "VLAN/BRIDGE Settings" from the Advanced options. I thought perhaps this was the case because I was in AP vs Router Mode, but it did not matter. I have come across plenty of posts which indicate the Orbi supportings "Basic" VLAN and back in 2017 Netgear people in these forums said that more advanced VLAN support was forthcoming "shortly".

Would someone please explain if indeed this is not supported in V2.3.1.60 or why this appears to be missing from the UI ??  I need to setup VLANs to segment SONOS and IPTV/TV from rest of the nextwork.

Lastly, if VLAN support is indeed supported, can we select hostnames or devices connected wirelessly to RBS50 rather than selecting a port ?

Thanks for your help on this !

Cheers

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
ekhalil
Master

Re: Missing VLAN and Traffic Meter options in RBR50 Orbi

@ShadowHead wrote:

.................. I thought perhaps this was the case because I was in AP vs Router Mode, but it did not matter.......

Yes indeed it matters. Those features are only available if Orbi is in Router Mode and not in AP mode.

@ShadowHead wrote:

Lastly, if VLAN support is indeed supported, can we select hostnames or devices connected wirelessly to RBS50 rather than selecting a port ?

The vLAN support in Orbi is only for wired devices, so you need always to use port numbers in the configuration.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
orbiRBK50user
Aspirant

Try scrolling down in the left pane of menu options.  At least on my end, Advance Setup appears to stop with IPv6... until you scroll down in that pane.  Then you will see Traffic Meter followed by VLAN/ Bridge Settings.

Message 2 of 3
ekhalil
Master

@ShadowHead wrote:

.................. I thought perhaps this was the case because I was in AP vs Router Mode, but it did not matter.......

Yes indeed it matters. Those features are only available if Orbi is in Router Mode and not in AP mode.

@ShadowHead wrote:

The vLAN support in Orbi is only for wired devices, so you need always to use port numbers in the configuration.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7