Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Missing devices after upgrade

amon731
Follower

Missing devices after upgrade

After upgrading to the latest firmware (V2.7.0.70) I noticed that my satellites and the devices connected to them are not showing up in the app. However, when I log into the router through my web browser (orbilogin.net) I see both satellites are connected to the router and the backhaul status is good, but I'm missing devices from the attached devices list (spot checked and it seems the missing devices are the same accross the app and the browser view). Note, when looking at the browser I see that some of the devices listed are showing up as connected to my satellites.

As an example, I have 8 security cams all from the same manufacurer and model. I can only see 5 of my cameras in the attached devices list in both the app and browser (the same 5), but all 8 are up and and streaming video so they are clearly connected to the internet through my network. Checking the access control section, the cameras that I know to be up and running but missing from the attached devices list are listed in the lower table for allowed devices that are not currently connected.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any ideas on how to resolve so I can see all devices that are, in fact, connected to the network? Thanks!

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Missing devices after upgrade

I would try a factory reset and setup from scratch and see if your devices appear in the RBRs web page. 

Might uninstall the Orbi app, then re-install then run a new setup with in the Orbi app and try the app and see. 

Message 2 of 4
Fillmore
Aspirant

I hate the scorched earth solution.

I have the same problem.  Not all of my devices are showing up in the Attached Devices list.

And I cannot find a way to see the DHCP table which is annoying.

if this missing attached devices issue is not widespread, wiping and redoing the config may indeed work, but boy does that just plain suck.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a different browser as well, IE11, Edge, Firefox or opera to see if the problem follows. 

Sometimes a reset is needed. After you reset and re-configure from scratch and you have things setup, safe off a backup config to file for safe keeping, this saves time if a reset is needed. I recommend doing this before you enable Armor or Circle. 

@Fillmore wrote:

I hate the scorched earth solution.

I have the same problem.  Not all of my devices are showing up in the Attached Devices list.

And I cannot find a way to see the DHCP table which is annoying.

if this missing attached devices issue is not widespread, wiping and redoing the config may indeed work, but boy does that just plain suck.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7