Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Mitsubishi Kumo Cloud Connectivity Issues

Jonnybunker
Guide

Mitsubishi Kumo Cloud Connectivity Issues

Hey everyone - I saw a thread about Kumo Cloud and Orbi that discussed a way to help get connectivity back, by disabling 5G connections / reducing the power.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Mitsubishi-Kumo-Cloud-Connectivity-Solved/m-p/1853834 

I have not had really any issues with it until recently. I can now not connect my Kumo Cloud and all of my otehr smart devices and wifi devices are working normally, both 2.4 and 5Ghz.

I followed @FURRYe38 's instructions about disabling 5Ghz on Advanced Settings, Advanced, Wireless, applied the settings, then reboot the router, however, my 5ghz is still seemingly on. My Iphone still shows on attached devices on 5ghz connections. I can''t seem to actually disable my 5ghz. 

Any suggestions? I am assuming that this is why i am unable to get my Kumo Cloud connected again, due to it requiring a 2.4Ghz connection from my phone and the wifi head unit while doing the connection.

Thanks for the help in advance! 

Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
Jonnybunker
Guide

Good news !! Kumo Cloud / Mitsubishi have restored their connection issues. If anyone else was having Kumo connectivity issues from 5/22-5/25 should be back

Thanks !!

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Turn OFF all RBS, leaving the RBR online only. Then try turning down the power output of the RBRs 5Ghz radio from 100% to 25%. Leaving the 2.4Ghz at 100% Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings. Walk the iphone out to a fair distance from the RBR. Disable the phones wifi radio for 5 seconds then en-enable it. The phone should connect to the 2.4Ghz, if so, try to get your device connected to the RBR. If you can get the device connected, you can change the 5ghz back to 100% and turn on the RBS. 

Message 2 of 9
Jonnybunker
Guide

Perfect ! Will try that tonight ! I had a feeling my satellites may have still been pushing the 5ghz connection. I’ll report back! Thanks as always
Message 3 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 9
Jonnybunker
Guide

Well your instructions worked really well but you’ll never guess… There was a global outage/system error on all Kumo cloud applications.

They didn’t have any updates or reports about it , but I found out after I did all the troubleshooting and still couldn’t get it to work.

Appreciate the help and learn even more about the router now LOL
Message 5 of 9
CrimpOn
Guru

@Jonnybunker wrote:

I followed @FURRYe38 's instructions about disabling 5Ghz on Advanced Settings, Advanced, Wireless, applied the settings, then reboot the router, however, my 5ghz is still seemingly on. My Iphone still shows on attached devices on 5ghz connections. I can''t seem to actually disable my 5ghz. 

Happy to hear that the issue was not related to Orbi WiFi.  Just a small note about the procedure:

• After unchecking "Broadcast SSID on 5G", there is no need to reboot anything.
    The router will go through a process of stopping and restarting the WiFi radios (which drives me crazy), but there is no need to formally reboot the Orbi.
  • The key step is to forget the Orbi WiFi (which I did not see mentioned above).  All devices which are already connected to the Orbi at 5G will remain connected at 5g.  It is the forget step which causes the iPhone to scan for WiFi SSID's and find only the 2.4G WiFi.
Message 6 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Hopefully youll be able to get that device connected when they fix the problem. 

Good Luck. 

@Jonnybunker wrote:
Well your instructions worked really well but you’ll never guess… There was a global outage/system error on all Kumo cloud applications.

They didn’t have any updates or reports about it , but I found out after I did all the troubleshooting and still couldn’t get it to work.

Appreciate the help and learn even more about the router now LOL

Message 7 of 9
Jonnybunker
Guide

Good news !! Kumo Cloud / Mitsubishi have restored their connection issues. If anyone else was having Kumo connectivity issues from 5/22-5/25 should be back

Thanks !!
Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for letting us know. Glad all is working well now. Be sure to save off a new backup configuration to file. Saves time if a reset is needed. 
Enjoy. 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7