Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Mixed Backhaul with Orbi 750

mrp12
Aspirant

Mixed Backhaul with Orbi 750

Has anyone successfully set up a mixed backhaul (wired and wireless) sytem with the Orbi 750?  I have been able to do it with an Orbi RBK50 system.  But, when I plug the ethernet cord into the LAN ports (as the diagrams show and as id doen with the RBK50), the 750 seems to stop looking for wireless satellites (although it then sees the wired ones).  I'm in a situation where I need both?  Did this break on the 750, or is it set up differently than with the RBK50?

Message 1 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Mixed Backhaul with Orbi 750

@mrp12 wrote:

Has anyone successfully set up a mixed backhaul (wired and wireless) sytem with the Orbi 750?  I have been able to do it with an Orbi RBK50 system.  But, when I plug the ethernet cord into the LAN ports (as the diagrams show and as id doen with the RBK50), the 750 seems to stop looking for wireless satellites (although it then sees the wired ones).  I'm in a situation where I need both?  Did this break on the 750, or is it set up differently than with the RBK50?

My understanding is that it works exactly the same. (Although I do not have one myself.)

You might get an informed report if the question is posted in the community forum for the AX product line:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax 

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Mixed works on Orbi AX. It's best to sync the RBS first, then ethernet connect the RBS after wards. 

Good Luck. 

Message 3 of 5
mrp12
Aspirant

Thanks, it's good to know that it's supposed to work.  I'll try the other community in case there's a trick I missed.  

Message 4 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

FURRYe38 actually owns an AX system.  (He has both, and participates in both user forums.)

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7