Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Mobile Phone Signal Interference

Dominich
Aspirant

Mobile Phone Signal Interference

Hi,

Ever since I set up my Orbi Wifi mesh system - my Mobile Phone (Samsumg Android) service / phone call clarity has deteriorated. It only happens when I am in the same room as Router (Nighthawke D7000 and the new Orbi system) - and its only started happening since I set up the satelite system? Is it possible the new mesh system intereferes with my mobile reception? 

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

If you set modem mode on the Modem, then power the Modem and Orbi OFF for 1 minute, then back on with the modem. Let it sync. Power ON the RBR. With a wired PC connected to the RBR, check for internet access. If still nothing, I would factory reset the RBR and setup from scratch and walk thru the setup wizard while the modem is in modem mode. The RBR should get connected here. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

No. Completely different frequencies from cell phone frequencies. 

Disable wifi phone all support and see if this helps. 

Is the modem configured for modem only mode? Your modem has wifi and a built in router here as well. It should be configured for modem mode if your going to use the Orbi has your main router and wifi system. 

@Dominich wrote:

Hi,

Ever since I set up my Orbi Wifi mesh system - my Mobile Phone (Samsumg Android) service / phone call clarity has deteriorated. It only happens when I am in the same room as Router (Nighthawke D7000 and the new Orbi system) - and its only started happening since I set up the satelite system? Is it possible the new mesh system intereferes with my mobile reception? 

Message 2 of 6
Dominich
Aspirant

Hi,

I logged into my Nighthawke Router and switched to "Modem" only - and now I have no intrnet at all. I am currently online via Mobile Phone. Not sure now how to restore so I have internet and use Nighthawk as Modem only?

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

If you set modem mode on the Modem, then power the Modem and Orbi OFF for 1 minute, then back on with the modem. Let it sync. Power ON the RBR. With a wired PC connected to the RBR, check for internet access. If still nothing, I would factory reset the RBR and setup from scratch and walk thru the setup wizard while the modem is in modem mode. The RBR should get connected here. 

Message 4 of 6
Dominich
Aspirant

Thanks - this worked in setting Nightawk up purely as a Modem and the Orbi is now the  router. Still have been having phone interference issues (I even connected my old Telstra Modem/Router - and still phones keep breaking up). The other problem now is  - I set up the Orbi Router using my Imac - and now my Lap Top (Windows / Microsfoft)  will not connect to the Orbi newtork? All other devices connect (phones TV, Tablets)  

Error - is "cannot connect to this network". Trying to work that out now?

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Good Luck. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation