Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Modem at 100=Mbps but Orbi download at about 18Mbps

willzy67
Aspirant

Modem at 100=Mbps but Orbi download at about 18Mbps

Why does my internet modem show download speeds of 100+ MBPS but when I test my speed using the Orbi app it shows 10-18MBPS?  

Setup is Motorola ARRIS cable modem (SB6183) and Orbi router with 1 satellite.  Pretty basic.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Modem at 100=Mbps but Orbi download at about 18Mbps

@willzy67 wrote:

Why does my internet modem show download speeds of 100+ MBPS but when I test my speed using the Orbi app it shows 10-18MBPS?  

Setup is Motorola ARRIS cable modem (SB6183) and Orbi router with 1 satellite.  Pretty basic.

Was it ever working ok?

firmware?

Message 2 of 6
willzy67
Aspirant

Yeah, it works.  Just lags here and there so I started checking the numbers and noticed the difference.  I did confirm today that the firmware is up to date.

Also, the connection is wireless from the router to the satellite but wired from the satellite to the FireCube.  Thought that might help with stability.

Message 3 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@willzy67 wrote:

Yeah, it works.  Just lags here and there so I started checking the numbers and noticed the difference.  I did confirm today that the firmware is up to date.

Also, the connection is wireless from the router to the satellite but wired from the satellite to the FireCube.  Thought that might help with stability.

Update?....what number?

Message 4 of 6
willzy67
Aspirant

Number?  If you mean firmware I'm on 2.3.5.30.

Message 5 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@willzy67 wrote:

Number?  If you mean firmware I'm on 2.3.5.30.

Yes....there were problems with 2.3.5.30, but I believe they worked them out.

You might try something other than the Orbi app for speed test.  The app has reported problems as well.

Speed is a strange animal.  For me I don't get too worked up unless I see a lot of buffering.

If I can hit a webiste in a reasonable amount of time or stream a movie, all is fine with me.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7