Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

More than 2 RBS50's

jon1331
Aspirant

More than 2 RBS50's

Hi,
I'm from the UK and suffering from poor WiFi strength in our brick built bungalow. So I bought 2x RBK53s (hoping to sell 2nd RBR50) plus a single RBS50 with the plan of a device in every room. I plan to back haul all 5 satellites back to a switch. I know this has been covered before so sorry but just after the latest advice on how to get the 5 satellites talking to the router please? I will make sure they all running same FW.
Thanks in advance.
John
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: More than 2 RBS50's

@jon1331 wrote:
Hi,
I'm from the UK and suffering from poor WiFi strength in our brick built bungalow. So I bought 2x RBK53s (hoping to sell 2nd RBR50) plus a single RBS50 with the plan of a device in every room. I plan to back haul all 5 satellites back to a switch. I know this has been covered before so sorry but just after the latest advice on how to get the 5 satellites talking to the router please? I will make sure they all running same FW.
Thanks in advance.
John

Your plan seems sound. Connect each satellite to the router with a short ethernet patch cable first to verify that it will sync.  Then move it to the remote location and connect it to to the switch.  After three satellites, there is an undocumented method to connect the 4th, 5th, 6th satellite.  Power off one satellite.  Connect the 4th. Then power that original satellite back on.  For the 5th, power two off, connect, then power back on. etc.

You are also correct that the remaining RBR50 router is either (a) a spare in case the main router fails, or (b) can be sold off.

Message 2 of 3
jon1331
Aspirant

Re: More than 2 RBS50's

OK cheers fella will give it a go and report back👍
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation