Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Multiple RBR50s and Satellites, which configuration makes the most sense?

JimmyCFresh
Follower

Multiple RBR50s and Satellites, which configuration makes the most sense?

I have a RBR50 Router + 2 RBS50 Satellites and am replacing an old access point (diff brand) in my detached office. I have ethernet running from the main router to the office and so after speaking with someone in Netgear Chat Help they said I just needed another Satellite. I bought a pack with a RBR50 router and RBS50 Satellite as it was cheaper than just the satellite alone. Now I am reading that I could turn the router into an AP. My office is so far away from the house that the Satellite wont make a wifi connection and would always be fed from the ethernet, sp would I be better using the router in Access Point mode or the Satellite? Either way they would be plugged in to ethernet. Ideally, I am just want solid wifi that covers my office and allows my phone to seamlessly switch between the house wifi and the office wifi. Thanks.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System, RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Multiple RBR50s and Satellites, which configuration makes the most sense?

You could do it either way. 

If you're only going to need 1 access point in the office, I'd just use the satellite and either sell the router to recoup some $ or I'd hang onto it for a backup incase the primary ever goes bad. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7