Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Multiple SSID's on RBK50

LewB
Aspirant

Multiple SSID's on RBK50

I have the RBK50 system with one satellite. After setting it up and getting the latest firmware I find three SSID's for it: SSID, SSID2 and SSID3. I also have a guest network and it is set up as an AP. All three work, but I have no idea what the extras are and which to connect to. Any ideas?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Multiple SSID's on RBK50

Hello LewB

There should be one main network and one for the guest network what names are the others showing up as? do they have the same name as your main SSID?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 7
LewB
Aspirant

I have my SSID (not publishing it) same SSID2, same SSID3, and guest SSID, plus your usual assortment of neighbors. The computer is a 2 year old dual band Dell. My older, 2,4g computer, in the basement just shows the one SSID and the guest SSID.

Message 3 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello LewB

Sounds like a strange issue with the wireless drivers in that PC I would try to find the latest ones for that pc.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 7

my question would be where are you finding you see the 3 connections ? under normal windows wifi connection you should see 1 ssid for the main transmission and one for the guest transmission

if using something like inssider etc you do see the separate bssid transmissions as dont forget both the main orbi router and sat have 2 distinct bands and transmissions for its main and the same for its guest access

eg

orbi router transmits 1 x 5 gig and 1 x 2.4 gig for main and 1 x 5 gig and 1 x 2.4 for guest

the orbi sat does the same

there is also a separate 5 gig backhaul transmission

Message 5 of 7
LewB
Aspirant

Bottom right I click on "internet access" to see available networks. That is where it shows these choices. I have a 5g USB adaptor that I hooked up my single band PC in the basement. It doesn't show all these different options.

Message 6 of 7

so you may be seeing 2 wireless adapters there

disable the old single band adapter from the network and sharing center sp onl;y the new dual band adapter is active

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7