Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Multiple Satellite Placement

bfrank
Aspirant

Multiple Satellite Placement

I'm curious about placement of multiple satellites with the Orbi system.  I understand it is best to have the router in the center.  Is there any drawback (or benefit) to putting two satellites relatively close?  

I have the router with two satellites I purchased at Costco.  I was going to put the router on the main level near the middle of the house.  I was then going to place one satellite upstairs and one in the basement.  Both satellites would be on the same end of the house (because this is where the TV's are).  Is this OK?  I may buy a third satellite to have on the other side of the house. Just curious about having two on the same side.  Interference?

Thank you.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Multiple Satellite Placement

If the satellites are too close to each other or the router, the WiFI signals will bounce back and you may experience intermittent connectivity or slow speed. A distance of atleast 20-25 feet should be there between the satellites.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

If the satellites are too close to each other or the router, the WiFI signals will bounce back and you may experience intermittent connectivity or slow speed. A distance of atleast 20-25 feet should be there between the satellites.

Message 2 of 4
Lijo
Aspirant

I would like to use the Netgear Orbi RBK50 Set in my house with 3 levels. The main router is on the top floor. Now I'mplanning to put the base on the top, one satellite on the middle floor and maybe another on the bottom. Make this sense, or should be the base in the center?

Message 3 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

The base should be in the center for the best configuration.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7