Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Multiple XBOne Consoles, no longer connecting

Multiple XBOne Consoles, no longer connecting

Firmware:  V2.1.4.10

Since upgrading my router and satellite two nights ago, I'm now no longer able to have both my XBox Ones connected to the Internet at the same time when wired.  XB1 is wired to the satellite, XB2 is wired to the router.  I have uPNP turned on, Daisy Chain turned off, and both boxes have static IPs.

What is frustrating is they worked FINE before the firmware update, and have for months (other than occasional dropouts, but not this). 

What is really interesting is if I take either box and unplug them (i.e. have it connect via WiFi), they both work.  Its only when both are wired that its a problem.

This is getting pretty frustrating.  Hoping for some help!

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Have you set up IP address reservations for the consoles on the router?

You may have conflicting IP addresses. Be sure to reboot the router, right after you do this, connect the ethernet cables to the consoles and hold the POWER button on the consoles until the consoles turn OFF. After the router reboots, turn on the 1st console an check networking settings. Log into the routers web page and set up and IP addresss reservation ON the router. Save settings. Turn on the next console and set up an IP address reservation for the console ON the router. Save settings then Apply. The router will reboot again. 

FYI:

http://badmodems.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=21&sid=21356e1aff679a087b40998c1c68b805

Message 2 of 8

Yes, both have static IPs.  

I also have NAT Filtering under Advanced->WAN set to Open, also didn't help.  What's throwing me off is if I put them on WIFI (or just one of them on WIFI) it works.  Its when I have both wired that it fails.

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Remove the static IP address setting from the consoles and set them to Auto. Use IP address reservations ON the router. 

I use 192.168.#.198 and .199 for my two consoles. 

IP address pool set on the router is 192.168.#.100 to .200. 

Message 4 of 8

Sorry, I should have clarified.  I have the IP address reservations on the router, not on the consoles.

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Hold down the power button on each console until they turn off. This should clear out any networking caches. Then reboot the router. Power on 1 of the consoles and check connection. Do they get the reserved IP address in Network Settings on the console? 

You might need to remove the reservations. Seems like something is getting hung up in DHCP...

Message 6 of 8

Did this earlier and did so again (just to be sure).  No good.  

When both are wired, the first to connect after reboot wins and is able to connect to the internet.  The second cannot.  I can do this either way (i.e. XB1 wins if its first, XB2 wins if it is).  If one box is wifi and the other wired, everything works fine as well, its only when I try to have both using an ethernet connection to the router that this fails.

I also should point out I did not have this issue prior to the firmware update.  This all happened immediately following that (and I have confirmed both the router and the satellite are on the same firmware, so the firmware update took).

Very frustrating.

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Have you set up any Port Forwarding configuratuions? If if you have remove them.

You might do a factory reset on the the router and satellite. Set up the router and satelllite first. Set OPEN under NAT Filter. Ensure uPNP is enabled. Disable IPv6. Don't set up any Port Fowarding configurations or enable speedtest in the router ui APP. Leave these alone for now. 

Save settings and reboot the router.

I would connect both xboxes to the back of the router if possible. Wired first, if you can't do wired all first. Start with connecting both wireless.

Turn ON the 1st xbox. Don't set any reservations on the router just yet. Check to see if it gets an IP address and NAT status and check a game load. If good, turn on the 2nd xbox, check to see if it gets an IP address and NAT status. This should connect to XBL as well. If connected, check a game load.

If this all fails again, you might revert back to last working FW version...

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7