Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Multiple problems- RBR-50

huntewe
Aspirant

Multiple problems- RBR-50

I JUST SET UP THE ORBI RBR50 DEVICE AND I CANNOT GET MY PELOTON APP OR PANDORA TO RUN ON MY IPHONE WHEN I CONNECT TO THE ORBI NETWORK.  ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
SW_
Prodigy
Prodigy

@huntewe wrote:

The Orbi system was in router mode, I changed it to AP Mode.  No difference.  I turned off the wifi on Uverse router and it is now working.

Just curious, did you happen to use the _same_ SSID for both Uverse router and Orbi?

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 9

All Replies
SW_
Prodigy
Prodigy

@huntewe wrote:

I JUST SET UP THE ORBI RBR50 DEVICE AND I CANNOT GET MY PELOTON APP OR PANDORA TO RUN ON MY IPHONE WHEN I CONNECT TO THE ORBI NETWORK.  ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Is DNS working?  For example, does YouTube app work?

Message 2 of 9
Chuck_M
Mentor

You may want to start at the beginning so people can help you.  Technical experts need more information such as:

What type cable modem are you connected to?

What firmware does your RBR50 have?

How many satellites do you have?

Does your phone really connect to Orbi or do you just think it is?

Message 3 of 9
huntewe
Aspirant

Yes, Youtube app runs fine.  Peloton will start but the on demand videos will not play.  Pandora also starts but music doesnt play.

Message 4 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

@huntewe wrote:

Message 5 of 9
huntewe
Aspirant

I verified the firmware is at the most recent version (2.3.1.60)  I have a UVerse router, model 5268acfxn.

The Orbi system was in router mode, I changed it to AP Mode.  No difference.  I turned off the wifi on Uverse router and it is now working.

thanks for your help

Message 6 of 9
SW_
Prodigy
Prodigy

@huntewe wrote:

Just curious, did you happen to use the _same_ SSID for both Uverse router and Orbi?

Message 7 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you figured it out. Yes having two separate wifi sources in close proximity can be problematic. This would be a double NAT condition which isn't recommended. https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop 

Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@huntewe wrote:

I verified the firmware is at the most recent version (2.3.1.60)  I have a UVerse router, model 5268acfxn.

thanks for your help

Message 8 of 9
huntewe
Aspirant

I used different SSIDs for the UVerse Gateway and ORBI

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation