Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: My ORBI satellites keep disconnecting ( SEE SCREENSHOT )

worldofshayan
Apprentice

My ORBI satellites keep disconnecting ( SEE SCREENSHOT )

My ORBI satellites keep disconnecting ( SEE SCREENSHOT ). Why does this keep happening. Also one day the wifi is stellar, and the next day its dismall. Even though the internet connection is rock solid at 300mps! What is going on man? This recent firmware is utter CRAP! HELP...

The satellites are in very good range of each other and I get much better performance removing the DAISY CHAIN feature. Any particular confiigurations. The best channgels for 5Ghz I've tested are 36 too. How is this is so problematic and something like the EERO so simple when this unit came way after EERO. 

Really need some configuration help so this stays good once and for all.

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Have you updated to the latest firmware 2.1.2.18?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 7
JoeM845
Luminary

I had similar behavior yesterday and today on 2.0.0.74. Before that things have been very steady. I have been watching all the woes from anything newer than 2.0.0.74 and holding off any upgrade.

LOG extracts:

[WLAN access rejected: incorrect security] from MAC address 1a:02:8e:92:74:3e, Friday, January 19, 2018 09:15:43

[WLAN access rejected: incorrect security] from MAC address 1a:02:8e:92:74:3e, Friday, January 19, 2018 01:06:33

[WLAN access rejected: incorrect security] from MAC address 1a:02:8e:92:74:3e, Thursday, January 18, 2018 16:49:15

22 entries over about 16 hours. The MAC address shown is a dithered MAC for the RBS50. The RBS50 showed intermittantly on the Attached Devices screen, but with IP 192.168.1.250 rather than the 192.168.101.239 reserved for it. The RBS50 showed with its true IP on an IP scan of the LAN. I never saw a "Disconnected" entry in the Attached Devices screen - the RBS50 was either there with the wrong IP or there was nothing in the satellite area.

It was nice to see that something other than logons finally showed up in the undocumented log. I finally power-cycled the RBS50 and have not had problems since.

Message 3 of 7
Julienpg
Star

Hi Daren, 

I have the same issue 

I have updated to the latest firmware 2.1.2.18

It's disconnect 5 or 10 time per hours not very easy to watch netflix .... or use my sonos system 

Could you help Me ? I am desperate....

2 months with this issue .... 

Message 4 of 7
worldofshayan
Apprentice

Buy the Zyxel Multy X. I got it.

Not one issue. Perfect wifi full throughout upstream and down stream. Excellent app and overall stellar performance with no disconnects whatsoever! Epic!!!!

Message 5 of 7
mbaker
Guide

I had exactly the same problem with my Orbi Satellites. They'd just randomly drop for 30-60sec and then reconnect. No error ever showed up in the logs.

I raised a ticket with Netgear and they advised me to force my firmware back to V2.0.1.4. That _mostly_ fixed the disconnection issue and also fixed the IP reservation issue (all IP reservations were ignored under V2.1.2.18.

So now I'm mostly OK but still annoyed that IOS devices keep falling off the wifi and local devices (servers, machines) don't register in the DNS so I have to address them by IP rather than name.

Hoping that a future firmware update sets it all right...

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

@mbaker wrote:

I had exactly the same problem with my Orbi Satellites. They'd just randomly drop for 30-60sec and then reconnect. No error ever showed up in the logs.

I raised a ticket with Netgear and they advised me to force my firmware back to V2.0.1.4. That _mostly_ fixed the disconnection issue and also fixed the IP reservation issue (all IP reservations were ignored under V2.1.2.18.

So now I'm mostly OK but still annoyed that IOS devices keep falling off the wifi and local devices (servers, machines) don't register in the DNS so I have to address them by IP rather than name.

Hoping that a future firmware update sets it all right...

Try disabling Beamforming, MIMO, Daisy Chain and Fast Roaming.

Also set a manual channel on 2.4Ghz to 1, 6 or 11 which ever is unused. Any unused channel on 5Ghz.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7