Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: My RBR 20 keeps going offline

Lboogie0208
Follower

My RBR 20 keeps going offline

Hi my Orbi RBR-20 switches time offline mode several times a day. I noticed it first when the pandemic started and I was working from home. I assumed it was an ISP issue since a ton more ppl were at home online. It took about a month but the issue stopped. It has since restarted a few weeks ago and can happen while on a call at work so it’s super inconvenient. I live in an apartment so my satellite is about 10 feet away from the router and I have it directly plugged into the Ethernet cable, no bridge or anything. Can someone please help?
Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: My RBR 20 keeps going offline

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

10 feet is too close between the RBR and RBS. 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.

Also try turning down the power output of the RBRs wifi radios from 100% to 50% and see if this changes anything. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7