Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My RBR50 not working with Netflix

Soyouca
Follower

My RBR50 not working with Netflix

I purchased my Orbi RBR50 in December of 2017. It was working fine until a couple months ago when it stopped streaming Netflix. Neither the Netflix app built into the TV's nor the Firesticks will load Netflix. All other streaming services are fine. I am able to stream Netflix on my tablet if I do not connect to the Orbi. I am also able to stream Netflix on the tv if I use my phone as a hot spot. 

Does anyone have any idea's on what the issue is?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: My RBR50 not working with Netflix

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the IP modem the Orbi is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?
Try disabling the following and see:
MIMO, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Message 2 of 4
jboothe
Initiate

Fixed this issue by adding DNS entries:

My issue was GoogleTV worked fine, but both Amazon and Netflix would show an error screen like, "unable to access this program currently, try again later". When I logged into my Obri router (10.0.0.1), I saw the only DNS entry was pointing at the IP address of my cable modem. So I added the two popular Google DNS entries below the existing one and all is working now. 

Hope this helps someone. 

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Another reason could be that your ISP modem has a built in router as well:

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router.

@jboothe wrote:

Fixed this issue by adding DNS entries:

My issue was GoogleTV worked fine, but both Amazon and Netflix would show an error screen like, "unable to access this program currently, try again later". When I logged into my Obri router (10.0.0.1), I saw the only DNS entry was pointing at the IP address of my cable modem. So I added the two popular Google DNS entries below the existing one and all is working now. 

Hope this helps someone. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7