Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: My admin password reset questions won't work Orbi RBR20

shaverdan
Follower

My admin password reset questions won't work Orbi RBR20

This is rediculous, I've done a reset (ha ha ha didn't even reset) and I've had it up to my eyes with this thing and trying to get a human on the phone.  I absolutely am not getting my password reset answers wrong, yet this thing will NOT let me get into my admin portal so I can manage my network.  I'm about to rip my Orbi out of the wall, and trash it.  

I'd consider purchasing support, but for something this basic, having to result to posting on this forum as a last resort...if this doesn't work, I'm replacing this junk with EERO's solution, and letting anyone who will read my reviews how poor this thing actually is.  

HOW DO I GET THAT ADMIN PASSWORD RESET?!?!?!?!?!  I've spent HOURS on this, and there is NOTHING there to help.  I've read that I'm not the ONLY one to experience this SAME problem. 

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Wire connect a PC to the router and factory reset the router using the back push pin button. Hold it in for 15 seconds then let go. Wait for the WHITE led to slowly pulsate on top of the RBR, then log in to orbilogin.com using a web browser and walk thru the setup wizard. This time write down all important information for safe keeping later on.

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

@shaverdan wrote:

HOW DO I GET THAT ADMIN PASSWORD RESET?!?!?!?!?!  I've spent HOURS on this, and there is NOTHING there to help.  I've read that I'm not the ONLY one to experience this SAME problem. 

As @FURRYe38 mentioned, the "Password Reset" procedure is (literally) the last resort when the user is unable to enter a password that matches what is stored in the Orbi.  Following the "Factory Reset" instructions results in the Orbi web interface having the user login "admin" (which cannot be changed) and password "password."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMw4ePACgc4 

This exact thing happened to me once and my explanation is that when I got to the security screen for picking these questions, I had failed to actually "select" questions.  I simply filled in answers to the questions that were showing, without clicking on the down arrow and then clicking on a specific question (even the top one).  After the Factory Reset, I was careful to be very deliberate on that screen during the setup.  I tried Password Recovery and it worked exactly as it should.

Doing the setup from scratch can be very tiime consuming, so after that experience I make a copy of the configuration file in case I have to go through it again.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7