Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

MyNetgear Account - Change Email & merge accounts

sccnyy23
Aspirant

MyNetgear Account - Change Email & merge accounts

Hello...I need to contact a moderator or a person who can help me merge two accounts.  All my equipment is registered under one email address and I recently changed my primary email address but must have created another MyNetgear account, which has no products listed.  I cannot change the email address in my original profile because it says that email already exists.  There is no way to deactivate an account.  Reading some of the forums lead me to believe only a moderator can assist.

Since I have had all my products for more than 90 days, and there is absolutely no phone # listed anywhere, I am stuck.  Can someone please point me in the right direction?  Thank you very much for your input/help.  

Scott

Orbi System

RBR50 - Router

RBS50 - Satellite

RBS50Y - Satellite

Netgear Arlo Base Station + Cameras

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 10

Re: MyNetgear Account - Change Email & merge accounts

If you have access to the old account, have you tried "Deactivate Product" in MyNETGEAR?

Maybe you will then be able to add it to the new account.

Message 2 of 10
sccnyy23
Aspirant

Michael - I thought about trying that, but did not want to lose the already loaded information.  I will try to deactivate one of the products and see if I can add it to my new account.

I'll let you know if this works.  Thanks.

Message 3 of 10

Good luck!

The only other option I can think of is to ask a Netgear moderator to intervene.

Message 4 of 10
sccnyy23
Aspirant

So I tried deactivating a product from my original list of activated products.  I was able to deactivate, but when I tried to add the products (S/N & date of purchase) to my new account, i got the following:  "Something went wrong, Please contact support team".  Herein lies the problem, there is no contact information for Netgear's support team nor do I know how to contact a moderator.  Thanks for trying though.

Message 5 of 10

Seems to work. I just transferred an old Powerline plug I had assigned to a different account.

It threw an error on the first attempt. But the second time it said "already registered". It was. To me.

Message 6 of 10
sccnyy23
Aspirant

I just tried registering the S/N & Date again about 10 different times and still no luck.  Just keep getting "Something went wrong, Please contact support team."  I have double checked to ensure that product is no longer activated under the old account, and it is not.  

Message 7 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

You'll need to phone in to NG support and have them help you with this. This is something the NG support needs to handle. 

Message 8 of 10

Try a message to @DarrenM

Message 9 of 10
sccnyy23
Aspirant

Thanks guys...I cannot find any phone number to call, but I will try to message @DarrenM

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7