Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

MyQ - Chamberlain compatibility

Chadhetlet
Guide

MyQ - Chamberlain compatibility

Having issues with my MyQ wifi garage door opener now that I have installed Orbi. MyQ app shows that door is up when it's really down or vice versa. App freaks out sometimes saying it's received too many commands to close.
Anyone else see these problems or know how to fix?
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
murchman
Apprentice

Re: MyQ - Chamberlain compatibility

I am not having any issues, I am using the add on door sensors on my two doors. When my battery was running low in one of the sensors I had the issue like yours but once the battery was replaced it has been working perfectly.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9

All Replies
murchman
Apprentice

I am not having any issues, I am using the add on door sensors on my two doors. When my battery was running low in one of the sensors I had the issue like yours but once the battery was replaced it has been working perfectly.

Message 2 of 9
Mikey94025
Hero

Sorry, I haven't had any problems either with my MyQ.  Perhaps also try moving the MyQ base somewhere else and closer to the Arlo base/satellite?  Maybe it is having intermittent connectivity and losing open/close events.

Another possibility is that the MyQ is like the Nest cameras, which intermittently drop internet connectivity with Arlo.  The workaround is to disable Implicit Beamforming.  I have that disabled now and it might be why I'm not seeing problems with MyQ

Message 3 of 9
Chadhetlet
Guide

Replaced battery and seems to be working fine again. Thanks!
Message 4 of 9
murchman
Apprentice

Wish the MyQ was smarter and could tell you the battery is dying instead of reporting the door is open when it's closed etc. As soon as I replied to your post I went to use my garage and the app was showing the door was open for 12 hours yet it was closed. Replaced the battery and all is good now.

Message 5 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

No issues with our Chamberlain garage doors.  I have two, and both work fine.

Message 6 of 9
Chadhetlet
Guide

I have replaced the battery in the component that goes on the actual garage door and that fixed it for awhile. After a couple of days it quit accurately reporting whether the door was open or closed again. So I replaced the entire MyQ thing, worked well for a week and now this morning it again says my door is open when it's really closed. It's like MyQ isn't making a connection back to Orbi with the new status.
Anyone else having issues between Orbi and MyQ?
Message 7 of 9
Chadhetlet
Guide

Update - Chamberlain Support is wondering if I'm experiencing Wifi disconnects that are causing intermittent loss of connectivity to the MyQ. I haven't told them what brand router I have yet.
How would I monitor for dropping wifi connections?
Message 8 of 9
VE6CGX
Master

Is it possible to use long lasting Lithium battery?

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7