Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

N300

patricia1
Follower

N300

No internet so can’t renew lease
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: N300

Not much to go on. 

What NG product are you referring too or are you using? 

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: N300

@patricia1 wrote:
No internet so can’t renew lease

@FURRYe38 is correct.  This question could refer to a lot of different scenarios.  For example, what device cannot renew a lease? (the WiFi router?  something connected to the router?)

As an example, my Windows 10 laptop got into a bizzare state while it was connected directy to an Orbi router with an ethernet cable.  I was in the habit of leaving it on all the time and just closing the cover (to keep the cat away from the keys).  When I would open the cover, that stupid "globe" symbol would pop up in the task bar indicating "no internet".  If I would deliberately do a restart or power it off, when the laptop came up it would show connected.  Damned irritating.  Eventually I set up a program and captured every packet that went between the Orbi and the laptop.  This showed clearly that the laptop was asking, "what is my IP?", the Orbi was answering "use this IP", and the laptop would ask again, "what is my IP". and this would go on indefinitely.  That was several Wiindows software updates ago, and it no longer seems to happen.

So more detail about your situation would be helpful.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7