Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NAS not visible when connected to RBS50 satellite

OLOMIK
Aspirant

NAS not visible when connected to RBS50 satellite

Hi,

I have an RBR50 with two RBS50 satellites over wifi. A NAS (EverTech) is wired to the RBR50.

The satellites have good connection to the main.

Problem:

When my laptop is connected to a satellite, the NAS is not accessible and it is not visible in the Orbi UI.

I can however access the NAS admin interface through the IP address. 

What to do?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: NAS not visible when connected to RBS50 satellite

Does the NAS appear on the Attached Devices display when the laptop is connected to the router?

Is there any device on the Attached Devices display with the IP address of the NAS, but an unusual name or description?

Message 2 of 5
OLOMIK
Aspirant

Does the NAS appear on the Attached Devices display when the laptop is connected to the router?

- Actually it does not, even though the NAS is available when connected to the RBR. Odd as I see other devices 

- Further - the NAS has a reserved IP adress outside the DHCP IP address range, which is the same for the Satellites, printer, Sonos, AppleTV etc. All that are ON are visible except for the NAS...

Is there any device on the Attached Devices display with the IP address of the NAS, but an unusual name or description?

- Nope. NO device with the same IP address visible.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 5
Hill52
Aspirant

Connect your Netgear Orbi Satellite (RBS50) router to a mother device. not to copy the password from the examples, because come on, show some ingenuity.

njmcdirect

Message 4 of 5
OLOMIK
Aspirant

Explored a bit more; looks even more strange to me. Anyone with an idea on 

• RBR50 with two RBS50, #1 wired and #2 wifi connected and both visible at all times.
  • RBR50 static devices: NAS wired, printer and Sonos One via wifi.
    Printer and Sonos are visible, NAS is never visible, but is accessible when the laptop, phone is on RBR50.
  • RBS50 #1 static devices: AppleTV wired, Sonos ZP100 wifi
    Both visible and accessible regardless from what Orbi the accessing device is connected to.
  • RBS50 #2 static devices: Sonos ZP100
    Sonos never visible, but accessible.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7