Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NAT issues on Xbox One

POSEIDON7902
Apprentice

NAT issues on Xbox One

I’ll start by outlining my current network. I have the rbr50 orbi system. I have 2 Xbox one in my network. One is an s model and the other is an x.  One system is used primarily for streaming video while the other is more mixed usage of streaming and gaming. I have setup port triggering and configured all of the recommended ports per Microsoft guidelines. Outside of that my wireless is standard. I have an att dsl modem which could double as a router as well but I have turned off all broadcast functions and it’s striclty passing through to the orbi. 

Heres the the problem that I’m having. On my Xbox playing online games has become almost impossible it started about 2 and a half months ago. The symptom is I’ll get my profile kicked off the network sometimes I’ll go hours without a problem and other times I can’t last 3 minutes without the problem. In my troubleshooting with Microsoft they say the problem is my network and specifically my NAT.  The strange thing is that my NAT fluctuates wildly. One minute it shows open. The next moderate, then back to open then I’ll get a double NAT. Anytime I get a double NAT is when I find I get kicked off. 

In my troubleshooting i even even had my one x swapped out just to make sure I didn’t somehow have a surge that took out 2 NICs at the same time but the problem persists. 

So so here’s my question. Is my confuguration setup right?  What would cause my NAT to fluctuate so wildly?  How do I stop this from happening so I can enjoy my devices?  

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: NAT issues on Xbox One

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the Orbi is connected to?

Change Nat Filter to Open under Advanced Settings/WAN setup.

Message 2 of 4
POSEIDON7902
Apprentice

The model number is 5268ac fxn. If I'm seeing this right it's a pace.
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Looks to be a modem ONT/router combo:

https://wiki.sonic.net/wiki/Pace_5268AC

1. Need to see if this can be fully bridged.

2. If it can't be bridged, you can use it's DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem and use the Orbi router in router mode.

3. Or use the Modem/router as your main host router and configure the Orbi for AP mode. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7