Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NAT loopback supported by Orbi?

go_robot_go
Initiate

NAT loopback supported by Orbi?

I'm currently a user of the eero mesh wi-fi system, and I've discovered that it doesn't support NAT loopback (in other words, from inside my home network, I cannot reach local resources by using an external address, such as a dyndns URL, but I can reach them just fine if I'm not connected to my home network). I'm looking at the Orbi system as a potential alternative, but I can't find any documentation that confirms whether or not NAT loopback is supported. Can anyone confirm this for me, one way or another?

Thanks in advance!

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 10
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: NAT loopback supported by Orbi?

NAT Loopback was working for me until the most recent firmware.

Message 2 of 10
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Unable to access local resources is a confirmed bug in latest FW. Will be fixed in next official firmware release.

DarrenM

Message 3 of 10

thanks for the confirm darren , was unaware of this as i tested it prior and was working fine

pete

Message 4 of 10
OrbiMan
Luminary

@DarrenM does this mean that you already confirmed this bug that I have encountered? https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-loosing-part-of-the-network-NOT-Internet/m-p/1298723#M804...
Message 5 of 10
go_robot_go
Initiate

Darren, thanks for the response. Is there a timeline on the resolution for this bug, or could you update this thread when the fix is released? I'm eager to replace my wonky eero setup with Orbi, but I'm hesitant to commit to a puchase until I know that this is fixed.

Message 6 of 10
clifgriffin
Aspirant

Any updates on this? It's been quite a few months since this was posted and I'm still not able to connect to local resources with an external domain name while connected to the Orbi network.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 7 of 10
Retired_Member
Not applicable

It's been better but intermittent since 1.11.x.
Message 8 of 10
clifgriffin
Aspirant

Hmm, it just spins for me. Any configuration requirements? I'm on the latest firmware. (2.074 I think)
Message 9 of 10
aaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

It's working for me on 2.0.0.74, have you guys enabled port forwarding to the devices that you expect to connect to from outside? And have you tested that it works from the internet?

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7