Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: NETGEAR Community Web Layout - SUCKS

Doug-48051
Luminary

NETGEAR Community Web Layout - SUCKS

The new community website uses a poor font and color schema for the threads.  The default font and color do NOT make for good reading. This may have a negitive impact on customer interaction.

I am more than willing to share my knowlege but gray letters on a white background seems a bad choices on some's part.  I was unable to type my post in this input box use IE-11. The new layout also seems to have issues with IE - 11.483. 

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
captain_phaser
Apprentice

There's an earlier discussion on this topic here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Forum-changes/m-p/1325949

The previous iteration of this forum was a better experience than its current state in my opinion.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7

All Replies
ArtLee
Apprentice

What web browser and what operating system are you viewing the community forums with? Fwiw, IE has never complied with Web standards. Probably one reason IE is one of the least used Web browsers. Only about 15% of Web users use it. 

Message 2 of 7
Silver0066
Apprentice

Also, how do you easily tell the difference between read and unread messages?

Message 3 of 7
captain_phaser
Apprentice

There's an earlier discussion on this topic here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Forum-changes/m-p/1325949

The previous iteration of this forum was a better experience than its current state in my opinion.

Message 4 of 7
Doug-48051
Luminary

@ArtLee

I mayself have multiple browser to use and test with. I was just providing feedback. 

If you think that excluding 15% of users is a sound business practice, maybe you should work for the Orbi Team. If you think 85% functionality is a reasonable outcome.  LOL

Message 5 of 7
martyfp
Luminary

on the upside - you do get some nice big adverts for Netgear products that take up a 1/4 of the screen width.  So that's something I guess Smiley Frustrated

Message 6 of 7
ArtLee
Apprentice

@Doug-48051 wrote:

@ArtLee

I mayself have multiple browser to use and test with. I was just providing feedback. 

If you think that excluding 15% of users is a sound business practice, maybe you should work for the Orbi Team. If you think 85% functionality is a reasonable outcome.  LOL

I absolutely do not think excluding 15% of users is a sound business practice. I only suggest when coding web pages to established standards, then adding sniffer code for various I.E. versions so pages will also display well is a pain. 

Dont get me wrong, I've seen many other forums that look and work better than this one. In any case the thread is marked as solved. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7