Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NETGEAR Orbi AC3000 satellite LAN ports

killians913
Aspirant

NETGEAR Orbi AC3000 satellite LAN ports

I keep hearing that the LAN ports on the satellite units do not work.  Is that correct?  If so, when will they be activated and be useful?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
st_shaw
Master

Re: NETGEAR Orbi AC3000 satellite LAN ports

The LAN ports do work.  The USB ports do not.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
st_shaw
Master

The LAN ports do work.  The USB ports do not.

Message 2 of 4
killians913
Aspirant

Thanks so much for your response to my query.  So you're saying that I can connect a basement computer to one of the satellites via the LAN port?  How will the LAN connection be degraded?

Message 3 of 4
st_shaw
Master

Absolutely, you can connect a wired computer to the Satellite's LAN port. That's what they are there for. I wouldn't say the LAN connection is "degraded," but the speed will be limited based on the other device you are connecting to over the LAN.

1. Between two computers connected to the Satellite's LAN ports you will get full gigabit LAN speed. Throughput should be >900 Mbps.

2. Between a computer connected to the Satellite's LAN port and a computer connected to the Router's LAN port you will get the Orbi Backhaul speed. Throughput should be 500 Mbps or greater for a good backhaul connection.

3. Between a computer connected to the Satellite's LAN port and a computer connected via Orbi WiFi, the speed will be limited by the WiFi client's connection.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7