Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NETGEAR Orbi Whole Home Mesh WiFi System (RBK13)

Nightowl66
Aspirant

NETGEAR Orbi Whole Home Mesh WiFi System (RBK13)

I have the main router downstairs and 1 satellite upstairs and a 2nd one in my outbuilding about 90 feet away. I have 9 Wyze cameras around the house and outbuilding. All the cameras are closer to the satellites than the main router, 1 camera is in the same room as a satellite, another in the outbuilding and 4 others right outside the outbuilding but all cameras are connecting to the main router. When I am in the house my phone connects to the house satellite and the orbi app shows it is a strong 5ghz connection. When I go out to the outbuilding my phone connected to that satellite and showed a weak 2.4ghz connection, then drop off and show that I am connected to the house satellite. My firestick in the outbuilding says it has a fair signal, it must be connecting to the main router, but doesn't show up as connected anywhere in the orbi app. The new router is much stronger signal than my old router, but it appears devices are not connecting to the satellites like they should.

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: NETGEAR Orbi Whole Home Mesh WiFi System (RBK13)

Some devices do not roam well. It's up to them to pick and choose where they connect too. If you roam out to the remote building, you may need to disable the phones wifi radio for 5 seconds then back on when you arrive at the remote location. It should connect then to the nearest RBS. Must say 90feet maybe a bit far between the remote RBS and the house RBR if it's wirelessly connected...

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7