Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NETGEAR Orbi Whole Home Mesh WiFi System, with Advanced Cyber Threat Protection

DCRealtorJDL
Aspirant

NETGEAR Orbi Whole Home Mesh WiFi System, with Advanced Cyber Threat Protection

Hi,

I have the new Mesh system with Advance Cyber Threat Amor Protection by BitDefender.   I also have Norton antivirus already installed on my network.  Are there any conflicts that result if install BitDefender's cyber threat protection?  If so, what actions should I take to prevent conflicts between the 2 antivirus softwares that would be on my network.

Thanks for any input.

Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: NETGEAR Orbi Whole Home Mesh WiFi System, with Advanced Cyber Threat Protection

Message 2 of 7
DCRealtorJDL
Aspirant

Re: NETGEAR Orbi Whole Home Mesh WiFi System, with Advanced Cyber Threat Protection

Thank you.

Have a good day.

Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 7
SW_
Prodigy
Prodigy

@DCRealtorJDL wrote:

Hi,

I have the new Mesh system with Advance Cyber Threat Amor Protection by BitDefender.   I also have Norton antivirus already installed on my network.  Are there any conflicts that result if install BitDefender's cyber threat protection?  If so, what actions should I take to prevent conflicts between the 2 antivirus softwares that would be on my network.

Thanks for any input.

There won't be any conflict.  One draw back is that it can impact the performance of those same devices/computers if both Norton and BitDefender are doing the same packet/url inspection/filtering at their respective chekpoints.  It's akin to employees having Windows Defender enabled on their PCs and their employer has another enterpise security product to protect the entire network from malware, virus, phishing, etc.,

It could be redundant to have both.  Check and compare each product features and make sure that BitDefender provides the same/better protection before retiring Norton.

Message 5 of 7
DCRealtorJDL
Aspirant

Thanks for the input.  I think Ill keep norton as my primary for now since Im currently doing the initial orbi setup.  Once I see how smoothly things go for a few days, Ill compare Amor and Norton features.

Message 6 of 7
SW_
Prodigy
Prodigy

Good strategy!  Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7