Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NETGEAR Request - SOAP PLEASE!!!

SLK-Purdue
Luminary

NETGEAR Request - SOAP PLEASE!!!

NETGEAR - Please release the Orbi SOAP-API interface spec!!

I would like to create a nice, single screen status display for my network using a Raspberry Pi.  SOAP accress to Orbi is the ideal tool.  You can see from my other posts that I have already created a SOAP interface to Orbi for Excel.   Many like it.  It is about 95% of what I want but not everything.   There are clearly SOAP calls available via SOAP-API (run strings on the executable to see them) that likely have the needed information but I don't have all the correct syntax.   Why keep an interface designed to provide information secret?

If you are unwill to release the entire spec, would you PLEASE consider releasing the spec on all the GET requests.  You can keep the SET requests secret if you really feel protection by ignorance is the answer to security.

Please seriously consider releasing the Orbi SOAP-API.  Once I create the Linux utility I envision, I will happily make it available to the community as I have other things I have developed.

Scott

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7