Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nas and orbi

dingzheng
Tutor

Nas and orbi

I used to use tp link ac2800, for half year, it has alot of issues such as it has two wifi names i had to change between 2.4 and 5 g my self, and the 5g always jammed, and so on, however, i never had problem with my synology nas.

Got this orbi about 2 weeks, coverage is good, i use dm200 as modem, the speed is slower thann before (50 down to 41), i believe it was due to dm 200 rather than this orbi, so draytek vigor 130 is on its way, hopefully it will help.

I place one upstairs and the main router downstairs, the probelm is now.

1. it looks i have some kind of stream problem, my tv is next to router wifi connected, never has any issue of stream from my nas, however, the upstairs one does. While i can stream 4k movies (50gb) from downstairs, it will leg even when i stream hd size (4g ish).

2. Also, it seems, not sure yet, from upstair to downstair, my laptop changed network so, while it can accesses my nas from upstair i wont be able to access from downstairs until i reboot the laptop, and vice verse .

Is there anyone has the similar issues and how did you solve it, do you think it is due to the latest update, as i read someone mentioned about the legging issue with update.

If the issue resist i am think to go back to modem router rather than mesh.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nas and orbi

What FW is currently loaded?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?
Try disabling the following and see:
MIMO, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Message 2 of 4
dingzheng
Tutor

Used kasperskey as fw and if you were asking about the fw on router, i did not change anything at all.

The house is not big, and the strainght distance between two of them is definitely less than 10 foot, and the single given was good.

Did not think i need to set up so many other things, but, thanks

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW version is currently loaded on the Orbi?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials. If anything closer, thats too close.

Please give the other suggestions a try.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7