Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Neato d6

Sierra8824
Aspirant

Neato d6

The Orbi does not allow the access point WiFi for neato to be recognized. I’m not super savvy but I never had this “discovery” problem before we changed internet carriers
Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

You are probably following the setup instructions:

https://www.neatorobotics.com/support/BotVacD6Connected/article/225538168/#Check%20your%20Wi-Fi%20ro... 

You mention recently changing internet carriers.  It could be that the previous carrier supplies "only a modem" and the new carrier supplied a "modem/router".  While this ordinarily does not cause a problem, in specific instances it can.

What is the brand and model number of the current internet supplier equipment?

Is the Orbi operating in "router" or "access point" mode?

Message 2 of 7
Sierra8824
Aspirant

And the Orby is my router. And I bought a surfboard modem. My Alexa hooked up easily with the Amazon access point appearing in my Wi-Fi options. Does this seem to mean that it is a neato problem and not a router problem?
Message 3 of 7
Sierra8824
Aspirant

My Orby is an RBK 20. My Internet provider is Suddenlink.
Message 4 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

@Sierra8824 wrote:
And the Orby is my router. And I bought a surfboard modem.

Can you please provide the specific model number of the Surfboard modem?

Thanks

Message 5 of 7
Sierra8824
Aspirant

Arris surfboard SB6190
Message 6 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

Thanks for providing the model number, which confirms that your modem is "only a modem".  Therefore, you have only one router, the Orbi.

So, you put the vacuum in "Pairing Mode", the light blinks, you get to step C of the instructions and the Neato D6 WiFi does not show on the list of WiFi networks?

https://www.neatorobotics.com/support/BotVacD6Connected/article/225538168/#Check%20your%20Wi-Fi%20ro... 

You are doing this on an Apple or Android device?

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7