Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Need Recommendation for ORBI AC3000 compatible camera systems

Marty_Duccilli
Follower

Need Recommendation for ORBI AC3000 compatible camera systems

Would like to know if anyone has a recommendations for best outside fully wireless (battery operated) camera systems work best with a NETGEAR ORBI AC3000 (RBK50) with two Satellites connected. Appreciate any recommendations...Thank You...

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Need Recommendation for ORBI AC3000 compatible camera systems

@Marty_Duccilli wrote:

Would like to know if anyone has a recommendations for best outside fully wireless (battery operated) camera systems work best with a NETGEAR ORBI AC3000 (RBK50) with two Satellites connected. Appreciate any recommendations...Thank You...

My recommendation is "look before you leap."  My first adventure in security cameras was with two battery powered models because my old house is a nightmare as far as any sort of wiring is considered.  I soon discovered:

• They lag.  To conserve battery power, they all basically "shut down" until the (cheap) PIR sensor detects "motion" and then power up and start recording.  Meanwhile, the UPS delivery person has dropped the package, turned, and gone back to the truck and I'm left wondering "what happened?"
  • Recording time is limited.  Look closely at the small print about how long individual recordings can be.
  • Continuous streaming is limited (to conserve battery life).
  • Batteries DO NOT LAST.  Those claims of "six months" or "two years"?  Ha.  Be prepared to spend a lot of time climbing ladders.

I am sure you have looked at comparison articles, such as this one:

https://www.colourmyliving.com/home/top-5-totally-wire-free-home-wifi-security-cameras-with-recharge... 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7