Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Need help accessing my security system

lbeck02
Guide

Need help accessing my security system

I have a security system that's about 10 years old. With the slow help of some technicians I was able at one point to get pictures onto my computer screen in addition to the dummy monitor provided. The monitor does not have video out but the system can be accessed on my computer monitor over the internet.

Now several computers and routers later I can't view the pictures on my computer. I want to record an accident and I can do that with some capture software that I have but I need the video on my computer - not the dummy monitor.

How do I get my security system in the "allowed" area so that I can view its video on my computer? I have the MAC address of the DVR and have tried both DHCP and Static IP address. Mabe I need a tutorial on port forwarding?Port Forwarding.jpg

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Need help accessing my security system

Please contact the mfr of this security system for help and support information regarding there product. 

Good Luck. 

Message 2 of 4
lbeck02
Guide

I've tried with little success.  I initiated a chat but with the response coming from China with the time difference the Kguard agent quit responding.  Given that the ORBI can see the DVR I was hoping for support from you guys.2021-08-10 (1).png

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

NG doesn't have any information nor does users with this camera system. You'll need to keep in contact with the mfr of this system for help and support regarding there product. 

Good Luck. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7