Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Need help on "bridge mode/access point" configuration

Eric52
Follower

Need help on "bridge mode/access point" configuration

A music server I just purchased requires a wired connection to my LAN. Also, the user manual requires the following on the LAN: "Wireless Access Point or a Wireless router set to a "bridge mode/access point" configuration." So, when I had set up my 2-node ORBI just using the quick-start default settings, did it automatically configure it in either bridge mode or access point configuration?  Or do I need to go into any admin menus and manually set it?  If so, does making such a change affect any of the normal LAN connectivity for all the other typical computer and TV-type devices in my home?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Need help on "bridge mode/access point" configuration

The default initial setup will be for Router Mode. You'll need to go into Advanced tab/Advanced settings/Router/AP mode. There you will see two modes, select AP mode. The system will reboot.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Need help on "bridge mode/access point" configuration

The default initial setup will be for Router Mode. You'll need to go into Advanced tab/Advanced settings/Router/AP mode. There you will see two modes, select AP mode. The system will reboot.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7