Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Need help setting up for maximum security RBK53

mellow13
Follower

Need help setting up for maximum security RBK53

Hello everyone. Here's the background...
I am needing to set up a network for electronic charting and digital X-rays at a dental office. Of utmost importance is the security of patient information. For several reasons, we won't be able to properly set up a wired network. We want to try the RBK53 set; 1 router, 2 satellites. I understand this is not an ideal setup and that nothing could replace a WLAN for speed and security. I'm strictly looking for ideas that could be applied to this unique situation.

The hardware......
We have three different 'locations' in the office that need to be networked.
1) front desk, with one work station, network printer and the ISP provided modem;
-workstation, printer and modem will plug directly to Orbi router
2) server closet , with the server and one workstation
- server and workstation will plug directly to satellite #1
3) patient operatories, with two workstations
- both workstations will plug directly to workstation #2

The questions.....
- is there a way to set up the wireless communication so that network access is strictly limited to the devices directly plugged into the LAN jacks on the orbi router/satellites?

- if not, is there a way to ensure that only the network components have access to each other

- in short, I need to get as close to WLAN security and speed as possible, wirelessly.

Thanks for the help.
Message 1 of 2
OrbiMan
Luminary

Re: Need help setting up for maximum security RBK53

You can set up access control inside Orbi to only allows certain devices. However as someone who setup dentist office before. I am assuming your dentist use dentrix and dexis server 2012 r2, I can tell you can't survive on wireless with workable speed. you can't even get it even when you have good wireless AC speed. You might want to have your dentist try out the software in a lab environment before you go production.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7