Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Need help to setup Screens 4 Mac (using ScreensConnect) to work with Orbi

5TI6
Follower

Need help to setup Screens 4 Mac (using ScreensConnect) to work with Orbi

Hi, I'll start off by laying out my existing devices and networking configuration. I have a TG789 modem gateway provided by my ISP (iiNet Australia), to which is connected my Orbi RBR50 which provides mesh wifi to all devices in the house. The Orbi is currently setup in 'ROUTER' mode and everything works fine. Both the modem gateway's and Orbi's firmwares are up-to-date. I have recently purchased Screens 4 for macOS from Edovia and have installed it on my iMac (2010) running High Sierra, and my MacBookPro (2019) running Mojave. When both macs are on the same aforesaid Orbi wifi network at home, I can easily access the screen of one mac on the other and vice versa. I have also installed Screens Connect (companion app from Edovia to help setup Screens 4) on both macs, with the hope that I can access the iMac from my MacBookPro when I am out and about and connected to a different network. But this is where I have not been able to succeed. I keep getting errors like "Doube NAT Issue" all the time. I have scoured the trobleshooting links on Edovia's website specifically pertaining to these, but being not very techno-savvy in the complexities of networking issues, I have hit a wall. I would really appreciate if someone could help me out please. I know the above information may be inadequate, and I will gladly provide any further required information as required. Many many thanks, in advance!

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Need help to setup Screens 4 Mac (using ScreensConnect) to work with Orbi

Both the TG789 modem gateway and the Orbi are "routers", which creates the "double NAT" condition.  One of them should be changed.

The easiest step is to change the Orbi to Access Point (AP) mode.

Before doing that, have you made extensive definitions in the Orbi, such as asssigning IP addresses to devices in the LAN Setup?

When the Orbi is in AP mode, all IP addresses will be assigned by the TG789 router,and will be different. So, you would have a choice of doing the customization again in the TG789 or putting the TG789 into "bridge" mode.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7